“Mykonos” means the island of winds located in Greece. A typical Mediterranean climate where the sun shines for about 300 days of the year. Mykonos is famous for vibrant night-life and the best beaches in the world. The most Popular island of Aegean sea. So presenting you 10 Best Things to Do in Mykonos.
10 Best places you have to visit in Mykonos:
- Little Venice – Buildings are built right on the edge of the sea with the waves of sea kissing the balconies. This island was once a Pirate island in the 16th or 17th century. So this place was used for quick loading and unloading of goods. Now, these buildings are turned into antique bars, cafes, and restaurants. Lunch here is preferred for pretty views and to enjoy the sound of waves and winds.
- Matoyianni Street (Mykonos street) – Matoyianni street in old town is a maze of narrow streets. The network of the streets was laid to confuse enemies coming from the sea. Very interesting to walk on the streets as you may find some dead-end. The town is filled with unique shops which are any shopper’s delight. The small shops sell a variety of products from cheap souvenirs to artwork, jewellery, and branded fashion items. The white-washed houses have terraces and brightly colored doors and windows. You will see Bougainville trees in bloom as you walk the cobble-stoned streets. Also, there are many boutique hotels in the area. Enjoy the walk and get lost to find something unique.
- The Windmills (Kato Myli) – These iconic 16th-century traditional windmills overlooking Little Venice and Aegean Sea are spectacular. These windmills are not functional today but were used in 16th century for generating power to grind grain. They are in total 16 spread all over the island.
- Paradise Beach – Party beach with loud music and beach dancers.
- Super Paradise Beach – Beautiful turquoise colored waters beach. The most Hippest beach.
- Psarou Beach – Psarou Beach is famous for attracting celebrities from all over the world. It has a beautiful sandy beach and clear waters. Water sports facilities such as scuba diving are available at Psarou. The beach is located at 5 km from Mykonos and can be reached by local bus.
- Ornus Beach – Ornos beach is situated in front of a small fishing village, 2.5 km south of town and is the closest beach Mykonos city, with fine sand and sun beds and umbrellas for rent. Many water activities can be found here on rent.
- Agios Stefanos Beach – Agios Stefanos Beach is sandy beach next to the new harbor, Tourlos, of Mykonos which is located 3.5km from Mykonos town. Many restaurants and hotels are there for staying.
- Kalafatis Beach – Kalafatis is known for its water sports and so it is very much an active beach. In the left corner of the beach of Kalafatis, one can find a hut with hire facilities from a snorkel to diving. There is also a windsurf center, where you can rent board by the hour, and a watersports center for a jet ski.
- PlatysGialos Beach – Beautiful blue, clean and clear waters with antique style hotel on a bay. There are many other famous beaches like Panormos Beach, Elia Beach, Lia Beach, Kalo Livadi, Paraga, Korfos, Agia Anna, Agrari etc. and famous churches like Delos and Folk Lore Museum. Source: travelwithme247blog.com